Saturday, June 7, 2014

Back to the Kitchen Table

For some reason, I've been wanting to paint lemons and blue.  I have no idea about the why.  Maybe because yellow is a cheery color and early June can't help but be a cheery time with all the graduations and celebrations?

Logically, I went back to my kitchen table with a lemon and a pear!  (See previous posts about painting still lifes at my kitchen table, here, here, and here.)  The blue glass in the back is where my boys keep their change.  They're saving for...maybe an xbox?  The glass dates back to when my husband and I first met--we bought several colorful glasses at Pier One Imports.

The palette is phthalo blue red scale, hansa yellow medium, quin violet, and a little bit of permanent yellow deep thrown in at the end because non of the 1st three colors will make a decent orange.  The paper is 300 lb Fabriano rough, and the painting is about 8x10 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment