Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Spring Storm Abstract

Spring Storm.  Mixed Media.
Approximately 22 x 30 inches.

Last week, on the way home from the grocery store, a huge storm front came in from the east.  (Now that I think about it--that's unusual, they usually come from the west.)  The trees were just barely starting to leaf out and were that particular vibrant first yellow-green, and juxtaposed against the storm looked pretty amazing.

Now you're probably wondering what the painting above has to do with that--well it started as that storm front, and then took off on its own adventure.  Apparently, my hand doesn't always listen to my brain.  This piece started as a straight up watercolor, then I added some crayon, then some acrylic, more crayon, and finally, I borrowed some opaque watercolors from Barb Smucker for a final layer. I'm still thinking about it.  I think I will add it to my dark and dense group of paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment