Friday, May 22, 2015

The Challenging Part of Spring

To The Light.  Watercolor and Crayon.
5.5 x 9.5 inches.
It's been an incredibly busy spring.  As beautiful as the season is, it tends to be overwhelming. Added to the mix--I started a part time administrative job a few months ago, with a lovely pair of attorneys. Couldn't ask for nicer bosses, and I enjoy the job, but even after a couple of months, I haven't quite adjusted so that I can paint every day.  

And, my family, whom I love dearly, keeps me hopping.  Those two middle school boys? Just the food is getting challenging, and that's probably the easiest part of the job.  I think I'm feeling sentimental--my oldest is finishing 8th grade, which is somewhat of a milestone.  We're going this weekend to get him a suit coat (the plan is good will, thank-you very much) to wear to all his various events.

Some of this tends to come out in my paintings.  This is almost the same palette as the iris, with the addition of indigo and cobalt blue, plus two shades of crayon--a pink purple and a white gray. A darker painting, yes?

On Fabriano 300 lb hot press.

No comments:

Post a Comment