Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Circle. Or, a treatise on staying organized (ok, maybe on not staying organized).

Circle.  Watercolor.
About 14 x 11 inches.

Notice the literal title?  Doubly literal, since I called the painting Circle and then named this post circle.  I find that if I try to get too creative with my post titles, I can't always find what I'm looking for when I go back to reference a painting.  Sometimes, I can't find anything.  Take for example this painting, which I mounted.  I can't find it.  I cleaned my very public work space before some company came, and I put it.....  It will turn up, it's got to be in the house, but jeez.

It would be slightly less stressful if I could track photos, files, paintings, supplies.  I have a naming convention, and a way that I organize my files, but I started in 2015. I should go back and take care of earlier paintings.

The physical things?  Oy!  We've had things moving in and out and around our house for various reasons over the last year and a half.  I dread going back and trying to organize everything.

Paint/Paper:  raw sienna, quin violet, hansa yellow medium and phthalo blue gs, on kilamanjaro 300 lb cold press

No comments:

Post a Comment