Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Spring Storm

Spring Storm.  Watercolor.
Approximately 8.5 x 10 inches
It's raining again.  Which, look at the mood of the painting!  Even though I almost never paint directly from real life, I think the weather affects my painting's moods. 

The redbuds were late, and I wanted to cut some branches to paint them but didn't really want to be out collecting things in the rain.  Maybe later this week?

If you're interested, I've started collecting paintings by palette on Pinterest.  It's more for me, but it's interesting to see.  You can find that HERE.  And, I put most of my progress up on Instagram, including a previous version of this painting, and you can find me HERE.

Several people have joined the mailing list--welcome! 

Finally:  Indanthrone blue, quin burnt orange, quin red, and nickel azo yellow on 300 lb fabriano rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment