Monday, January 28, 2013

Tape Glider


I mentioned in a previous post that many artist watercolor artists are having a love affair with paint. Many of us are also having a love affair with our supplies.  I just bought a tape glider, and I'm more than a little excited about it.

What does a tape glider have to with painting?  Well, not much.  It does have a lot to do with framing, which eats up a lot time, energy, and money.  I was using double sided tape to build mats, add paper backings to frames, and well, it was a pain.  A tape glider is an applicator for applying double sided tape--it looks like this:
It really is pink.  Spiffy, yes?  It makes taping go so much faster and neater.  I'm almost looking forward to all the framing I need to do in the next week.  Almost.  I also have to cut mats.  Cutting mats is.....I'd say best left to professionals, or people with mat cutting machines, but it's so expensive.  Hopefully, my next big tool will be a mat cutter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment