Monday, January 14, 2013

Color & Small Abstracts

Over the years, I have collected quite a few tubes of paint.  I suspect that this is a compulsion of a lot of artists--we can't start looking at a catalog, or walk into a store without making a purchase.  The colors--they're so pretty!

My weakest spot for paints is Daniel Smith, and lucky me, I just noticed they are running a web special through today for 15% off.  I think Daniel Smith makes fabulous watercolors--I love the  intensity of colors and the way the paints flow.


Tree Line

I have so many that I finally put together a table of all my paint tubes at two values.  How do they mix and fit together?  I am trying to start looking at that as part of my small abstract series of paintings.  Here is a small landscape called Tree Line, that's semi-abstract.  It includes 4 colors:  Daniel Smith Prussian Blue, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Quinacridone Violet, and Burnt Umber from Maimeriblu.  It's on a scrap piece of 300 lb paper, and is about 6 x 4.5 inches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment