Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Outbuildings

I saw an article in the NY Times this morning about how photographers flock to Yosemite National Park one week in February to capture El Capitan when the light hits the granite perfectly.   If you're an artist, you probably obsess about the light too. 

One of my favorite times is sunset in Cincinnati (or the midwest) especially in the spring and the summer when the evening light seems so clean, clear, and golden.  I have a theory that the light is equally lovely at sunrise, but morning is never my best time.  You'll see where I've posted about sunset paintings here and here.

I have a second paining I did from our trip to MO at Thanksgiving--captured at sunset in IN.  Land of field farms, and beautiful light.
The title is Outbuildings.






No comments:

Post a Comment