Monday, March 2, 2015

Tulips to Abstract

Some Assembly Required.  Watercolor and Crayon.
About 12 x 20 inches.
I'm falling behind on my blogging. I have paintings, but I haven't gotten them up online. And, I find that if I don't do an entry right away, my memory is not fantastic for the colors I used. I need more hours in the day, or to waste less time, or both.

I was thinking about tulips when I started this. I have a bouquet of tulips from a friend, and am growing some bulbs that I picked up in costco. They're lovely. (Well, the bulbs have only put out green leaves, but still, lovely.) You can see, though, that the end result is not tulips. A friend said she thought it looked like a Robert Delaunay.   had to look him up, and think some of his work looks like Paul Klee's. Steal like an artist, and all that. I'm taking any similarities as a compliment.

Colors used are Daniel Smith Prussian Blue, Permanent Yellow Deep, and Quinacridone Violet. It's overlaid with three colors of crayon, a medium gray, a very light gray (almost white), and an orange. There's very little crayon compared to the amount of watercolor. It's on Fabriano 300 lb Rough Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment