Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Daffodils. Confused Daffodils.

Daffodils.  Watercolor & Crayon.
5 x 7 inches.

These daffodils started as a landscape, morphed into an abstract, and then finished out as flowers.  I wanted to mess around with blues and yellows and oranges, but didn't really have a plan, and was working fairly small.....hence the confusion.  They took a while to sort out what they really wanted to be...

Just for an idea, here's where things stood when I finished with the watercolor.  (I hope this link works....)

The painting wasn't coming together, but after I added the crayon, I think it hangs together.  I think it needed the shape and line.  (And, to be cropped a bit.)

Paint:  Manganese Blue Hue, Prussian Blue, Hansa Yellow Medium, Permanent Yellow Deep, and a touch of indian yellow.
Caran D'ache Crayon:  silver grey, dunkel beige, and indigo blue
Paper:  Fabriano 300 lb Hot Press Watercolor Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment