Monday, November 16, 2015

So, This Is Grapefruit

So, This Is Grapefruit.  Watercolor.
5 x 8.5 inches.
Last week at the fruit market (Country Fresh--if you live in Cincinnati and haven't visited, you should go!)  I found the most gorgeous Texas Grapefruit parked next to a deep purple red apple.  Aha.  I thought.  This would make a most excellent still life, so I bought some.

Well.  I also decided that I should try and clean the paint out of the mixing portion of my palette.....and that was my downfall.  Goodbye grapefruit, and hello landscape.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.  Worse, someone ate the grapefruit and the apple.

Phthalo green, phthalo blue gs, permanent orange deep, hansa yellow medium and a jumble of junk from my palette.....on Kilamanjaro 300 lb cold press paper,

No comments:

Post a Comment