Thursday, September 15, 2016

Blue Dreams--Returning from painter's block

Blue Dreams.  Watercolor.
Approx. 12 x 8 inches.

I haven't posted in quite some time, and that would be because I haven't been painting.  Why?  I don't honestly know.  It's like some kind of weird painting lethargy.  Yesterday, the light was so beautiful that I thought I'd try and get back to it, but when I set out to paint what was in my mind, I ended up going back and trying to save a painting I did just before my 'pause."

This abstract started as a landscape, which you can see, here, and here.  It was cobalt teal blue, phthalo blue rs, and quin burnt orange.  And, it didn't come out right.  So, I started to back in with american journey watercolors, which are opaque.  Two grays.

I kind of like this, so I'm sticking with it for a while.  Hopefully, it will not be another month before I paint again.



No comments:

Post a Comment