Monday, May 29, 2017

No. 5--The Demo

No. 5--The Demo.  Watercolor.
Matted to 20 x 24 inches
Last month, and that probably gives it away that I'm way, way, way behind on my administrative type tasks, I visited the Colerain Art Club to give a demo.  This was my first ever talk while painting in front of a knowledgeable crowd, and they were incredibly kind since I was so nervous and panicked. I used to paint and talk when I painted with a group, but now I typically paint by myself.

You can see some iterations of this piece in my practice painting, and then my first final version. Then I decided to go back with some opaque watercolors and lighten things up in the background.

Two days later I went and did a show, and then collapsed in a heap and didn't paint for a while.

Anyhow, because I took this painting along with me, it's already matted.  It's fairly large.


No comments:

Post a Comment