Monday, September 25, 2017

No. 8--Ragweed

No. 8--Ragweed.  Watercolor and Crayon.
Approximately 10.5 x 8 inches.
There weren't a lot of flowers available in my yard, so I ended up with a couple of droopy ragweed blooms.  It may not be ragweed--it's an OH native that blooms in the late summer, you can see a picture and a first cut of the painting on Instagram here.  I got a bit from one of my boys' second-grade teachers when she subdivided a bunch from a small plot at their elementary school.

I need more vases.  I'm only 8 into my 100 bouquets, and I am wishing for another vase! You can see where else this one has made an appearance here and here.

Daniel Smith watercolor--ultra marine blue, hansa yellow medium, pemanenty yellow deep, and burnt umber.  Plus some crayon over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment