Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Look Back At 2014

Geometric Flowers.  Watercolor.
Approximately 11 x  8 inches.
Today is very nearly the last day of 2014.  I'm looking back over my blog posts from the year to see if I can find anything constructive to say, or things that I'd like to try, or even handle differently.

I really like my crayons.  I bought them last December, and I use them a lot.  They were well worth the money.  I'm also still painting trees--frequently from my imagination.  There one included in this post, too!

I love my mat cutter--at least as much as an impatient person can love something that requires careful attention to detail.  Even more, I love the table my husband built for me to use it with....

Winter River.  Watercolor and Crayon.
Approximately 8.5 x 7 inches.  
I've been painting a lot more abstractedly.  I like the puzzle aspect of an abstract and making something cohesive from nothing representative.  And, I've stopped using reference photos, although I try painting from life periodically--either still lifes or plein air. I probably won't do this forever, but for now it's been interesting to see what comes of it.

I enjoy very limited palettes of 3-5 colors.  Right now, I continue to use up the colors on my palettes, and I'd better hurry, because I'm anxious for some colors that need to be refilled.  Let's see how disciplined I can stay, and see if I can get through to clean better organized palettes.  Then I need to stop buying paint....

These three paintings are connected by a blue....cobalt blue, and a yellow...quinacridone gold.


Golden Tree.  Watercolor.  Approximately 8 x 9 inches.

2 comments:

Weaveron Textile said...

amazing!!!

Weaveron Textile said...

click on more design https://www.weaveron.com

Post a Comment