Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Oh, My Gosh...

I was just messing around on Spoonflower, where you can turn art or designs into fabric, gift wrap, or the like and.....well, look what I turned this painting into:

It was quite fun to do!  True confession--I could not get the design to copy properly from Spoonflower.  So, I recreated the effect using Scribus.  Scribus is open source application for for pc's that is very similar in principal to Indesign. Lifehacker did a comprehensive article on inexpensive to free substitutes for some of the Adobe products--it's quite useful.  (I also use Gimp instead of Photoshop....)

I must have hit the symmetry just right for this!  I'm going to try it with another painting soon....if you haven't tried it, you should!

Now I'm debating about whether to go back to Spoonflower and print gift wrap.....  Of course, fancy gift wrap would be different than my usual mode where I'm frantically wrapping in whatever paper product (think newspaper) two minutes before I walk in the door....

I can sense you're laughing!  Have a good one, and try not to let your December get frantic.

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment