Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Weight of the Sky

The Weight of the Sky.  Watercolor and Crayon.
Approximately 8.5 x 11.

The sky the last few days has been an incredibly oppressive gray.  It felt so weighted and heavy.  I wanted to paint a sycamore tree (which, they technically don't have leaves at the moment) against that heavy gray.  It didn't quite roll that way, but that's okay.  I like the moodiness of the painting.

Phthalo blue gs, quin burnt orange, perleyne red, and nickel azo yellow on Kilimanjaro 300 lb cold press paper.    It's overlaid with some Caran D'ache crayoon in a variey of grays.

If you'd like to see it before I added the caran d'ache, you can check HERE.

(I am going to do more still lifes--I just have to follow my muse and my muse doesn't always listen to my plans!)

No comments:

Post a Comment