Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cemetery On Ridge

Cemetery On Ridge.  Seen in southern Indiana.  4x4.5 inches.
Last weekend, I took a bike trip through southern Indiana with the Babes--a local cycling group. They're lovely women.  They are strong women. If you ever have a chance to ride with them, do. I brought some new paints with me (Qor by Golden), which were interesting, but I was having trouble hitting the values I wanted while painting plein air.  The paintings I tried were, meh.

I saw lots of scenes I wanted to stop and paint, and if you read this blog, you know I paint a lot from memory and feel.  I tried to remember. Here's a cemetery on a ridge--spotted while climbing a hill on my bike on a grey Sunday morning.  

Colors are carbazole violet, indigo, indian yellow, and undersea green all by Daniel Smith.  The painting is 4 inches wide by 4.5 inches tall on Fabriano 300 lb rough watercolor paper.  

You can see some of the paintings from last year's trip along the Ohio River in KY and OH, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment