Friday, November 7, 2014

Abstract Landscapes

On December 6th, I'll be participating in Wyoming's Holiday One Stop Shop at the Wyoming Civic Center.  I'm starting to put together a bunch of small works and hand-painted cards, like the three inter related abstract landscapes. The grays are from the paint that was in the mixing well of my palette.  I started with Burnt Umber, Prussian Blue, and Quinacridone Violet--it looked too cold, so I ended up going back in with a little bit of Quinacridone Burnt Orange.  

My husband is a fan of the burnt orange--he's been studying iron oxides (aka rust!) his whole adult life, and the color lays down just like some of the minerals he studies.

They're all on Kilamanjaro 300 lb cold press watercolor paper from Cheap Joes and all about 5 inches square.  The One Stop Shop Runs From 10-3 on 12/6--hope to see you there.









No comments:

Post a Comment