Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pansy

Day 4.  Pansy.  Watercolor.
Approximately 9 x 6.5 inches
This painting is done with phthalo blue rs, cobalt teal, quin purple, and quin gold.  I painted it late last night.  I need to make more of an effort to paint while there's still natural light--I think the overhead kitchen light affects the way I think about the colors.

It's not quite light at 8 this morning, and it's -2 F.  My kids are off school due to the temps.  (I know, if you live in other areas of the country, that might not sound to extreme... ) The days are slowly getting longer--and I'm so ready for spring.  Jan and Feb are hard months for me.

Here are the paintings from Day 1 and Day 2.  I have to confess, here I am trying to paint flowers every day for 30 days, and I missed day 3.  I had company, and had to clean the house and cook, and the day got away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment