Monday, February 9, 2015

Mountain at Dusk....

Mountain At Dusk.  Watercolor & Crayon.
I just got back to painting after a week off for the Northminster Fine Arts Show.  The show was a lot of fun--I get to meet a lot of interesting people and then go home and collapse.  I saw this quote recently, and it's very true for me, "Artists are people driven by the tension between the desire to communicate and the desire to hide." -- DW Winnicott  Winnicott, if you're interested, was a pediatrician and psychoanalyst.  Interesting.

The above painting is fairly large, and is the same palette as Cross, An Untitled Abstract .  There is a touch of crayon on the structure and at the edge of the mountain.

I'm not certain about it.  I'll either ignore it (always safe), or edit (not as safe, but more fun.)


No comments:

Post a Comment