Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Winter Pine

Winter Pine.  Watercolor.
Approximately 8 x 7 inches.
This past weekend, my husband and I drove to Chicago for a wedding on Valentine's.  It was bitter cold (they said the coldest Valentine's in quite some time) and there were gray skies and gusting snow the length of Indiana.  (The wedding was fun.  My husband danced, which is rare and awesome!)

I snapped a pic with my phone as we were leaving a gas station (below)--you've probably noticed, the midwest is, ah, flat. Ohio's quite flat too, once you get north of Cincinnati.  I wanted to paint the pine and horizon line, and somehow went kind of askew in the process.  Once again, I haven't seen the reference photo for a couple of days, so I'm riffing on mood.  I'm thinking cold can be a mood.

It's a three color palette--indigo, indian yellow, and permanent yellow deep.  All Daniel Smith. Painted on  Fabriano 300 lb rough paper.  I'm going to need to buy more paper soon.  I'll put it off as long as possible....


No comments:

Post a Comment