Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Seen Between Columbus and Cincinnati

Ohio Roadside.  Watercolor.
10 x 14 ish
Spring, for whatever reason, tips easily over into a frantic pace.  We barely have time to breathe, let alone sit down and relax.  I'm not sure if that's a symptom of our time, the age of our kids, or some undetermined factor.  But, it can be exhausting, and worse, hard to find time to paint.


Along those lines, a few weeks ago, I chaperoned a group of kids attending the Ohio Model United Nations Conference in Columbus, OH.  I was lucky enough to car pool up with a friend as well as fellow chaperone, which allowed me the opportunity to snap a few pics.  (When we got home, we rolled directly into a school concert...see what I mean about frantic?)

If you've never been to OH, the highway between Cincinnati and Columbus is....well....flat as a pancake.  Lots of corn fields.  It says mid-west in a very unapologetic way.  It does not say spring, despite the fact that it's well past mid-March.  Ohio can be very stubborn while being beautiful.

Above is my interpretation, and below is the photo I riffed from.  The painting is limited to four colors, quin burnt orange, quin gold, ultramarine blue, and manganese blue hue.  Fabriano 300 lb rough watercolor paper.

Here's to future calmness.

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment