Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's not easy being green....

Blue Abstract.  Watercolor and Crayon.
7 x 10.5 inches.
Rats--I thought I'd posted this, and I had not.  It was sitting as a draft.  Here you go, a bit later than I intended....

I know, I know--that's a blatant rip off of Kermit and The Muppets.

I own green paint, I really do, but I've used it less and less over the last year or two.  When I reset my palettes recently, I put out two greens--one is phthalo green and the other is ....I can't remember, but that gives you an idea of how often I use it.....

When I sat down to paint, I was thinking abstract, and decided to try phthalo green, phthalo blue, and burnt umber (I think).  Then I threw in some quin pink.  Then--well it was not looking cohesive.  I ended up adding caran d'ache, and then more opaque grayed watercolors over the top.

It's on Fabriano hot press 300 lb watercolor paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment