Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 21--30 Paintings in 30 Days. Coming Down The Hill

Coming Down The Hill.  Watercolor.
7 x 4.5 inches

Last night, I was on my way to Northside, traveling south on Winton Road, and while I was dropping down the hill, the horizon opened up into a series of blue gray rolling hills.  It's hard to take a picture while you're driving.  Franky, it's hard to me to think in drive--I often drive by where I'm going.

This is my interpretation, from memory.  I'll be donating this piece to Denim & Diamonds, which is a fundraiser for the Wyoming School Foundation.  You can get an idea how it looks framed below, with a quick (and rotated????) picture from my camera.

Phthalo blue rs, carbazole violet, and quinacridone burnt orange on 300 lb kilimanjaro cold press paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment