Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 3--30 Paintings In 30 Days. Mountainside

Mountainside.  Watercolor and Crayon.
Approximately 8 x 6 inches.
Yes, the colors are really that intense.

If you follow me on instagram, I made a few changes since I posted there--I adjusted the foreground to add some brighter colors among the shadows, but also added some darks.  And, I used crayon to gray out and define the sky.  Plus, I think it benefits by cropping the top of the painting down just a little bit.  Decisions, decisions.

Honestly, one of my joys of painting is making decisions about what I want to do with my paintings--it's empowering.  My successes and my failures, and they are mine.

The palette is nearly the same as yesterday, with quin pink replacing the permanent yellow deep.

Daniel Smith--indian yellow, quin pink, and prussian blue.
Caran D'ache Crayon--light beige (although if you ask me, it looks like a grayed down white)
Kilamanjaro 300 lb cold press paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment