Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 4--30 Paintings in 30 Days. 4 Red 1 Green

4 Red 1 Green.  Watercolor.
Approximately 10.5 x 12 inches.

I had a whopping twenty minutes to turn out a painting today.  And, I really had a still life set up with 4 red pears and 1 green, but my painting went sort of abstract fairly quickly due to the time constraints.   Honestly, though, realism is never my goal.  I like the loose interpretations.  As you know, I also like pears....see, here, here, and here for some examples.

Paint:  Daniel Smith Quin Burnt Scarlet, phthalo blue rs, and nickel azo yellow.
Paper:  Kilamanjaro 300 lb cold press.

A note about paper--I've been using the kilamanjaro, just because it's easy and I have a bunch of pads that I bought that work well for the 30 paintings challenge.  Sometimes, easy is where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment