Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 10--30 Paintings in 30 Days. The One Field

The One Field.  Watercolor.
Approximately 27 x 20 inches.

It's Day 11 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days...hmmm, what would you call it?  A challenge?  Maybe. I've skipped one day. One. I'm quite proud of myself. What I'm struggling with is getting the paintings photographed and posted online. That's partly due to the horrid gray weather and partly due to general business.  Getting things looking right takes a chunk of time--that's true when creating the painting, and then you have to double down with photography and online tinkering.

This is one of my all time favorite palettes--it's quin violet, quin gold, and phthalo rs.  The painting is big. 27 x 20 inches.  I love to paint this big.  I like the big brushes, and how, since I am looking to pretty much finish in a day, I have to just let the details go.  I actually have to walk around the painting to get to all the sides as I work.  It's liberating.

The title is from a poem by r.s. Thomas.   

Paper is Fabriano 300 lb Rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment