Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 15--30 Paintings in 30 Days. Three Houses

Three Houses.  Watercolor on Yupo.
Approximately 11 x 14 inches.

I was trying to hold on to some shapes in this painting, which has not been successful in other paintings that I've tried with Yupo.  It worked in some places more so than others. Yupo and water is an entirely different beast than cotton watercolor paper.  I'm working my way into painting the view as I drive down my hill, which is a lot of interlocking shapes with buildings.

And, don't laugh, even thought this is Day 15 of a 30 day challenge, I haven't posted any of these on the actual site that collects 30 paintings in 30 days.  I officially signed up, but.....  I am getting them up on instagram.  You can check that out here. 

Palette is prussian blue, indigo, quin burnt orange, quin gold, and quin pink.  Paper is Yupo.

No comments:

Post a Comment