Friday, February 6, 2015

Northminster Show and Photographing



Tomorrow (2/7) is the Northminster Fine Arts Fair. It's the tenth anniversary of the fair, and I believe it'll be the 4th time I've participated.  I've got all my work matted, and this morning I need to finish wrapping my unframed work in acetate and get things in frames. If you're in the Cincinnati Metro Area, stop by and say hello.  (It's hosted at the Northminster Presbyterian Church at 703Compton Rd. in Finneytown, OH)


Rather than charge a booth fee, this fair asks artists to donate a portion of their sales back to Northminster.  I like this approach.  And, I love that they donate the proceeds back into the community.  This year, they're supporting Visionaries and Voices.  Check them out!

And, I've been working to consistently photograph my work as I go--especially as I get it into mats. I have an Etsy shop, and I've been trying to work out a way to show off how the paintings look matted. Above is one of the last of my flowers--what do you think?

I wrap matted unframed paintings in acetate.  I had the banner idea that if I bought a roll of acetate rather than standard sized bags, I could save money on packaging.  This was a HORRIBLE idea.  I forgot to factor in how I'm terrible at things like wrapping--and I can not use this roll fast enough.  As soon as the roll is used up, I'm going to place an order with clearbags.

I've got pre-show jitters--wish me luck.

Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment