Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dusk iv, or Dusk in Indiana

Dusk in Indiana.  Watercolor.
9.5 x 11.5 inches.
The fourth dusk painting.  Two others are up here and here.  The third, I'm less certain about, so it's sitting behind my computer, half in view, and I'm thinking on it before I post it.

If you're wondering why I've gotten so prolific again--the last two days have been snow days, my boys are home from school.  The temps are low.  There is a lot of snow on the ground... (you probably got that from the snow day thing)...there's not much to do but clean or paint. And, clean? You must be joking.

Limited palette:  quin burn orange, carbazole violet, phthalo blue red scale, and cobalt teal blue.  All Daniel Smith.  On Fabriano 300 lb Rough Watercolor paper.  This is a very similar palette to this painting, with cobalt teal blue added.  Now that I look more carefully, that would make this the fifth dusk painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment