Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bouquet Abstracted

Bouquet Abstracted, Watercolor.
I mentioned last post that my computer is dead as a doornail, and that I'm using my gracious husband's until I decide what to do.  I've got a work around going, but am missing (really, really missing) gimp, which is a free photo editing program, that is a good alternative to photoshop.   I am using pixlr to do my editing (because I can use the web, and do not need to install the program on this computer).

The palette of the day--Daniel Smith quinacridone red, phthalo blue (rs), carbazole violet, and Maimeri Blu lemon yellow on 300 lb Fabriano Rough Paper.  Approximately 7.5 x 10.25 inches.  I can't decide if I need to go back and add more distinct shapes in the flowers....

I am glad the end of  January is coming.  I'm not going to finish 30 paintings, but I'll finish quite a few.  A sound accomplishment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment