Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Lake Huron At Dusk

Lake Huron At Dusk.  Watercolor.  9x10 Inches.
My critique group, also known as the Mixed Media Mavens, is hosting a themed show at the Pendelton Arts Center Final Friday Event.  Here's the scoop:




The Things We Love
Friday 1/30 & 2/27
Pendelton Art Center (1310 Pendelton St. in Over the Rhine)
Studio 712
6:00 to 10:00 pm

Artists represented above are Andrea Chemero, Barb Smucker (it's her studio space!), Marilyn Bishop, Shelly Reese, Diana Marra, me, Marjorie Carleton, Sherry Stoffer, and Shelly....

Also showing are Rama Desai, Nancy Gamon, and Nancy Wisely.

It's a fun group of women, who cover a wide range of media and styles.  If you live in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area, come on by.  

My piece is a riff on an photo I took at Lake Huron last summer.  It is a beach on the western side of Lake Huron in Ontario, Canada.  We've been going to the Pinery Provincial Park every August for over 10 years.  I started going with my family when I was in my early teens.  The two figures in the painting are my boys.  This was the first year my boys each took a friend--but, I left the friends out of the photo.   The painting is a very limited palette of quin burn orange, carbazole violet, and phthalo blue rs (all Daniel Smith).  I didn't want to keep it as gray as the photo--if I ever do it again, I'd spend more time on the figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment