Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cherry Trees (Day 5)

Day 5.  Cherry Trees.  Watercolor.
6.5 x 9.5 inches.
When I decided to try and "informally" participate in 30 paintings in 30 days, I did not factor in my son's 14th birthday, or snow days (yesterday our schools were closed and our house was full of middle school boys--and as I type, I have about an hour before more arrive for a birthday party)  This may be more than you ever wanted to know about my life, and it is the long winded explanation for why I did not get to paint today--I did, however, get birthday gifts for my son.  I have not gotten them wrapped.

In three minutes it's important that I go start a birthday cake, so briefly, this is perleyne red, phthalo blue rs, and indian yellow.  There may be a tiny amount of cobalt teal that was left in the mixing well of my palette.  It is on Fabriano 300 lb paper, rough.  The trees are supposed to suggest cherry trees.

And I'm off to make a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment