Monday, January 5, 2015

Informal Participation in 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 1.  Tie Dye.  Watercolor.
Approximately 8.25 x 5 inches.

I follow the blogs of a lot of painters--it's interesting to see who's doing what and why.  Something that caught my eye recently, was a January project 30 paintings in 30 days project led by Leslie Saeta.  I found the project via David Boyd, Jr. at Compelled to Paint (sucked in by his tractor--I have a soft spot for tractors).


I'm a little late to participate formally, but wanted to see how close I could come to meeting the goal of getting 30 paintings done in about a month. And, I've been wanting to tackle flower shapes and compositions for a while, using a borderline abstract approach.  Emphasis on form and color.

Here's my first shot--I like the colors (indigo, cobalt, quin purple, and quin gold).  It really is that intense in the color.  But the shape?  Not so much.  In fact it's cropped down, quite a bit to try and help the shape.  I may go back in with crayon, and I'll post a revised pic if it changes.  I'm going to need to either look at some flowers (hooray for gardening books) or buy some from the grocery store.

I'll post highlights as I paint.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment